Saturday 29 March 2014

Mothers Day, and general makeup shopping!

Heya! So, I thought I would share with you what I purchased for my mum for Mothers Day, and the few bits I cheekily got for myself on my mooch about town earlier!


Originally, I had wanted to get her the Miss Dior Blooming Bouquet perfume (£54), but she actually ended up preferring the scent of the Beyoncé Heat Rush (£20) fragrance instead! So, as I still had a little cash to spare, I ended up also buying her the Honeymania gift set from The Body Shop, which contains the 300ml body butter, the 30ml eau de toilette, and the 250ml shower gel.


For myself, I ended up walking into Boots, and repurchased the Palmers Cocoa Butter - I've been going through so much of this of late, and I have loved it through my pregnancy! 

From Lush, I purchased the Blooming Beautiful gift box - I don't know why, I just really liked the scents of the products, and it was only £5.95. It comes with a bath bomb and a bath bar, I think, and it was just really pretty! 

From Clinique, I purchased the Anti-blemish solutions clinical gel. I've been using the anti-blemish cleansing range to clear up my skin, and it has been working - but I feel I could do with a little extra help! My skin has gone from light acne to a little red and blotchy, the anti-blemish range has completely stopped my spots coming through, but I needed something to get rid of the few little stubborn ones that just haven't quite left yet. I also purchased the anti-redness Superprimer. When my spots and blemishes do go down, my skin will still probably be a little red in places, so I'm hoping this will help to balance my skin tone.


With any purchase from The Body Shop, they were giving out free testers. They literally chucked 5 sample pots into my carrier bag and wished me a nice day! They were really busy because of all the Mothers Day promotions going on at the moment, so they were incredibly generous to give 5 samples! I was given samples of the mini face mask, the aloe body butter, the white musk hand and nail lotion, the satsuma body purée, and the honey and oat mask. So far I've only smelt the products but haven't actually used them, but I can tell you that both the satsuma body purée and the honey and oat mask smell absolutely delicious, so I'm really glad I was given them to sample!

So, these are my purchases of today - I hope you've all bought your mothers something nice for Mothers Day! Mine deserves the world, she's done so much for me over the past 22 years, and still prioritises her children over everything else! She's been really supportive of my pregnancy, and has been amazing, particularly over these past six months. She's come to every antenatal class, every hospital trip, and every doctors appointment, and has always made time for me at the drop of a hat. So, I hope your mothers are equally as amazing as mine! Have a great weekend guys!

Sammii-Jane x





No comments:

Post a Comment