Thursday 27 March 2014

Clinique anti-blemish solutions 3 step system review

Recently, I purchased the Clinique anti-blemish solutions 3 step system pack, as yet another way of trying to clear up my skin. The pack contains 3 half size bottles of products from the anti-blemish range, the daily facial wash, the cleansing lotion, and the moisturiser. It contains a months worth for £25, which is a good way to see if it is suitable for you. I've now been using it for the past 8 days, so I thought I'd show you how it's working for me. I am a huge Clinique fan, I love that it's so well researched, I love that it's fragrance-free so doesn't contain any irritants, and generally I just love the products, and I'm hoping to love this product as much as I love the rest of the range!


After 8 days...

On the left, is the picture of how my skin looked before, and on the right, is the picture of how my skin is looking after eight days. I know that just by the pictures, it doesn't look like the product has actually made all that much difference - but actually, it has. I've had no active break-outs since using it, and it also (slowly) seems to be calming the redness. I'm not going to give a full review at this point as I haven't been using the product long enough to be able to give you a fully accurate review, but what I can say, is that so far I do really like it, it has made a positive difference to my skin, and it is something I fully expect myself to be purchasing again. However, where it is working nicely on keeping my spots at bay, I feel that I may need to use another product in conjunction with this one, to combat the redness. I'm currently looking at the Clinique anti-redness solutions daily moisturising cream, or the anti-redness primer, that has a bit of a yellow tint to it that reduces the appearance of redness, but I'm going to continue using this for the next three weeks, and really hope that it does just clear up just from using this!


5 weeks later... 

I've been using this set for around five weeks now, and I have to say my skin is looking so much better! To give you a full review, I'm going to talk about the products separately. The main product I love from this set is the foaming cleanser, it is so gentle yet so effective I think it's great, and it's the best face wash I've ever used, and I love how it's fragrance free, too. I just feel so fresh when I use it, and it cleanses off the oily skin (and I have a lot of it!), and I find that it's quite a mattifying wash, which really helps my skin. As it's irritant free as well, it's been really good at calming my red, blotchy patches too. This foaming cleanser will be a definite repurchase, as I adore it, it has really worked for my skin!

The cleansing lotion is also a mattifying product as it contains talcum powder (you do have to shake the bottle before each use to get the powder to float to the top though), and as it's really gentle, the lotion doesn't sting when you apply it, as many harsher cheap cleansers can do - but is equally, as you can see, pretty powerful! It has given really good results, and I am generally quite pleased with it!

The moisturiser - I don't know how to word it in a positive way (it's not a negative thing, just something small that I found with the product), is that as it's also quite mattifying, it's also a little dry, which didn't give enough moisture for my skin, personally. I doubt I would buy the moisturiser as an individual purchase as I didn't really find that it did anything, but I do like to have a base anti-blemish moisturiser under a slightly richer moisturiser, just to keep my skin cleansed but also soft. As the whole set is £25, I do find it a really good price for a really great product, and then I just use the Dramatically Different daily moisturiser on top (£9.50 for 30ml). Luckily I haven't had to pay for the moisturiser yet as I do have a couple of sample bottles, but they have been working together for me really well! So if you find the anti-blemish moisturiser quite drying as I did then I think this would be the next best thing for you to try, as the ingredients would be fairly similar as it's an allergen/fragrance free, tested, reputable brand. 

So, you can see the results for yourself, and all I can do is encourage you to give it a try! It's such a great set and has solved my skin care problems, it works for me and now I don't feel the need to try anything else! I suppose everything else I was using was just too harsh, but you would never know until you try a more gentle product! I hope you guys are having a great week! 

Sammii-Jane x




No comments:

Post a Comment