Friday 7 March 2014

What's in my makeup bag?

Happy Friday everyone!



I've been wanting to do a 'What's in my makeup bag?' Blog post for a while, but it wasn't until recently that I felt actually very comfortable with the products I'm using. My makeup routine has always consisted of pieces that are both high-end and drugstore, because although I don't intentionally shop for brand, I do find some products better quality than others, and some cheaper alternatives that end up working just as well. My makeup routine does usually have a complete overhaul every four-ish months, because as the seasons get warmer I find that my makeup generally gets lighter. I never wear foundation in Summer, I just don't feel like I need it, but then in Winter I do like an ultra-hydrating moisturiser and a full-coverage foundation. 

So this is the contents of my 'Winter-transitioning-to-Spring' makeup bag - I'm sure the contents will change soon! 


As you can see, I have a fair amount of products from bareMinerals. I've suffered with really bad acne recently, and have been using a very strict regime to completely cleanse my skin and clear up the acne, and I was very impressed that the bareMinerals makeup managed to completely hide it all. It gave flawless coverage! However, as it does give you full coverage, it's not the kind of makeup I like to use for Summer, but it all depends on my skin as to the kind of makeup I can use.

So, for my face, I use only bareMinerals. I purchased the £50 Get Started kit, which is available online, in store, or at any bareMinerals makeup counter. The set comes with the Prime Time Primer, the Ready Foundation, the Warmth all-over Face Colour, the Mineral Veil, and three brushes: the Full Flawless Face Brush, the Flawless Application Face Brush, and the Maximum Coverage Concealer brush. I use the entire set in my daily makeup routine. 
After I've set my primer, I start by using the concealer brush and the foundation to cover all my blemishes, and then use the Full Flawless Face Brush with a little more foundation to buff into my skin. I then apply some of the Warmth Face Colour (Bronzer, to you and I), to the apples of my cheeks and outer sides of my forehead using the Flawless Application Brush, and then finish off with a light dusting of the Mineral Veil finishing powder.

For my eyes, I use the Collection Work the Colour trio palette in Choc Chip, as I like to create a neutral smokey-eye effect. I then curl my lashes, and apply two coats of mascara, for strong definition. I've been using Bourjois Volume Clubbing mascara, but it's running out so I'm trying to get on good terms with the Loreal Manga Eyes mascara - I didn't like it at first but I'm determined to like it! I highlight the inner corners of my eyes and just under my eyebrows with the light colour in the eyeshadow palette, and then define my eyebrows with the MAC brow set in Beguile, it gives really subtle, natural definition - I love it!  

For my lips, I use a light layer of Vaseline, followed by a layer of Rimmel's Kate Moss Lasting Finish Lipstick in Shade 08, and finish the look with a coat of bareMinerals Marvelous Moxie Lipgloss in the shade Maverick. 

All the makeup I've mentioned gets me to the point where I can atleast leave the house looking human! It creates this makeup look:



I also have an eyebrow brush and a pair of tweezers in my makeup bag, for days when my eyebrows just aren't behaving! 

I will follow this post with another Blog Post on my cleansing routine - it will be of real help to any other acne sufferers! 

Sammii-Jane x


No comments:

Post a Comment