Monday 24 March 2014

Loreal Miss Manga mascara review

So, pretty much every time a new product comes out and catches my eye, I really can't wait to try it. I love to review my recent purchases, as I personally love to read other reviews, but equally know how to make full use of the product, and how it will best enhance my features, so reading other reviews is a good way to learn about the product.
As soon as the Loreal Miss Manga mascara arrived on the shelves at my local drugstore, I couldn't wait to try it. I normally never buy products from drugstores, as I personally find the make-up irritates my skin, and if I'm honest, I'm a bit of a snob when it comes to cheap make up. I'm a firm believer that you get what you pay for, so I tend to only buy from good quality reputable brands.
However, the Miss Manga mascara had been advertised literally everywhere, and with the super cute packaging and anime panda, I had been really looking forward to purchasing it and trying it out.


In all honesty, I really wanted to love the product. I hate giving negative reviews about make up, but I am always honest in what I say and think of a product. I had heard really good reviews about the Miss Manga mascara and wanted to match the positive opinions of everyone else.

 A lot of customers who bought the product saw a really positive difference from using this mascara, but I personally could think of at least two mascara's that I had used for the same kind of price range that I thought were far better. My favourite ever mascara is the Max Factor Masterpiece mascara, which is retailed at around £11. I've tried high end mascara and drugstore mascara, but this one has always been my favourite. It enhances my lashes and makes them all thick, fluttery, long and beautiful, and I just adore it. My second favourite mascara is slightly cheaper (retailed at around £6) and is the Maybelline Falsies mascara, which is the one I'm using at the moment. Where the Max Factor mascara is my favourite, I'm  always open to trying new mascara's, too.

For me, I just didn't love the product as much as I wanted to. I didn't feel by any means that it was a bad mascara, but I thought it was just a standard 'does what it says on the tin' kind of mascara. It is retailed at around £6, so it is cheaper than the mascara's that I personally prefer, and for the price it isn't bad at all. It does give good, thick coverage on your lashes, and it does last, so I think that if you were to wear it out for an evening then it would be a really good product. But for me, personally, I just didn't get on with it as well as I had to my preferred mascara. I am, however, going to include a picture of me, with one eye make-up free, and the other eye with the Miss Manga mascara, to give you a fair idea of the coverage and effect of this Loreal mascara.



It does also have an interesting shape brush, where it's shaped to be long-bristled on the outer corners of your eye, connecting with shorter bristles for the delicate inner corners of your eye, which I thought was a really good detail. The first picture in this post shows you the shape of the brush.

The Miss Manga mascara does have really good reviews, so just because I didn't like it that much doesn't mean that you won't, and I would still encourage you to try it, for such a reasonable price. It has a 4/5 star rating from Boots, and with plenty of the nation loving it, I'm sure you will, too.

I hope you've all had a great weekend! 

Sammii-Jane x

No comments:

Post a Comment