Wednesday 5 March 2014

Spluuuuuuuuuuuuurge...

Hey guys! So, today, I might have had a bit of a shopping splurge... And I am not ashamed! There have been a few items I've had my eye on for a while (and admittedly a few spontaneous products), which I decided to impulse buy! I thought I would share with you my beautiful new purchases!


So, it probably doesn't look so bad from here. It kind of looks like a mini splurge, which makes me feel less guilty! I'm going to let you in on a little secret. I have never, ever, tried any MAC or Lush products. Ever. So today, I decided to pop my Lush and MAC virginity, and try a few things. I've been browsing the stores online so I had a good idea of the products I wanted to buy.


From Lush, I bought a You've been Mangoed! Bath melt, some Dirty Toothy tabs, the Bubblegum Lip Scrub, and a trial size Charity Pot moisturiser. I've always had the idea that Lush were fairly expensive but this all came to little over £10! I'm excited to try it all, I love a new product, but I am especially excited to try the Mango bath melt - forgive the awful pun, but it smells Lush! 


From MAC, I bought the brow set in Beguile. If you've read any of my other blog posts you'll know I've wanted to try this for a while. I did have one of the Makeup Consultants apply this to my brows so I could sample it, and I loved the effect. I hate darkening my eyebrows as I'm really pale with light hair, so I've wanted something a little more subtle. This was perfect, not too dark, but just enough definition. Also, I know it must seem so silly to get a bag for just one product, but as it was my first ever purchase from MAC, I really wanted the pretty, sleek carrier bag too! The brow set is retailed at £13.

 From The Body Shop, I bought the Atlas Mountain Rose set, which has the Atlas Mountain Rose eau de toilette, and body lotion. I'd been a little miffed of late because I used all of my Rose du Maroc eau de toilette, and then they discontinued the perfume, and it was one of my favourites! So I bought this one instead, and with rose scent being the obvious base note, it smells very similar to Rose du Maroc.


From Primark, I bought a couple of jumpers, a skinny cable-knit salmon pink number, and another in a dusky rose shade. I also got a pair of brogues, I've been wanting these since at least summer last year, and today, I finally caved in and got them. Beforehand, I had always considered them generic hipster shoes, but because I love things vintage, I just had to get them! Besides, it all depends how you wear them. I also got a new vanity case; where I have managed to sort out my makeup storage of late, it does seem to be slightly overflowing, so I thought I would get this for the storage of a few more products! I know I will probably need to just buy more storage soon though. Last, but not least, I got a set of four pastel-shade nail polishes. This was all for £30.


As a final impulse purchase, I bought the April editions of Glamour and Marie Claire magazine. I won't lie - I generally buy magazines if they come with free glossy free products to try. I couldn't decide between them, so I bought them both! The Glamour magazine came with a free ModelCo lipgloss, and Marie Claire came with a free Neal's Yard lipgloss. I love free makeup samples! 

I feel like I have done some real damage to my bank card. I think I should probably put it a bucket of water and freeze it, and never touch it again. I think I might just surround myself with all of these shiny, new, pretty products, and bury my head in the sand... Or, just give my account some time to recover before the next shopping trip! 

Hope you're all having a great week, 

Sammii-Jane x






No comments:

Post a Comment