Saturday 3 October 2015

My Everyday Beauty Essentials

Hello Everybody! I hope you have all had a fantastic weekend! It has been absolutely beautiful weather here and my son and I have had a lovely time going to a funfair this weekend, going on a country walk, and snuggling down and watching Toy Story together! 

In today's post, I wanted to share with you my daily essentials. 

These products are all my every day, go-to, quick fix products that help me go from waking up looking like Russell Brand, to a more sleek and comfortable everyday look. 


1. Savlon
I appreciate that this may not be everyone's first choice! But for me, this works really well as an antibacterial cream under my makeup. I also use it before I go to bed at night and I find I get a lot less spots when I use this. It's also very cheap and is easily my favourite item on this list, it has literally been a godsend to me as a young mum with not much time on her hands!

2. Moisturiser
I like to use Benefit Total Moisture Facial Cream as it is really rich and buttery. I used to get quite dry flaky skin but when I use this my skin feels so soft and and hydrated, it is such a lovely cream. It's the perfect base if you want flawless makeup application.

3. Foundation
I like to use Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation in the shade Vanille Clair. It's budget friendly, and I've never found a better colour match for my fair skin tone. I rely on my Beauty Blender to apply this and it looks so natural and flawless, you would think it was my natural skin.

4. Under Eye Concealer
I have always used Garnier Under Eye Caffiene Roll On. I just find that it makes my eyes look so much more awake and replenished.

5. MUA Bronze and Sculpt Contour Kit
This is also budget friendly at a mere £5, with both a gorgeous champagne-gold highlight, and a cocoa brown bronzer in a sleek little compact. I use a Real Techniques Contour Brush to apply the contour, and a Real Techniques Eyeshadow Brush to apply the highlight.

6. Mascara
I love, love, love, Urban Decay Perversion Mascara. I really like to curl my lashes, and apply two coats to my upper and lower lashes. I use an eyebrow spoolie just to brush my eyebrows into place.

7. Lips
My classic is the Rimmel Kate Moss Lipstick in the shade 08. It's a nude, dusky pink and finishes my makeup look.

8. Makeup Fixing Spray
I love MAC Fix+. I don't always have time to wait for a primer to set so this keeps my makeup in place all day. It doesn't budge, you can just apply this at the end. It's that easy, and that quick.

9. Hair Straightening Cream
I use this as a serum once I've brushed my hair to get rid of any frizz. I just use my fingertips and run it through the ends of my hair, spritz a tiny bit of hairspray and I'm done with my hair! It takes me like two minutes in the mornings as I usually curl it at night before bed, then sleep on it and wake up with effortless loose waves. 

10. Fragrance
At the moment I am obsessed with Marc Jacobs Daisy Eau So Fresh. It's so light, feminine, and pretty, and reminds me of Parma Violets. 

I then throw on a pair of jeans, a nice top, some heeled boots, and a cute accessory like a statement necklace or bracelet, or a hat, for a speedy, effortless, classic look! I chuck a hairbrush, my lipstick and concealer, a purse spray, my keys and phone into a bag and I'm ready to go! I have to admit, this is what I do every week for the nursery run! I'm short on time a lot of late so this is just a really easy and quick foolproof look to do.

I hope you have all enjoyed reading this post, and I will see you again over here really soon!

Love, Sam x

No comments:

Post a Comment