Thursday 8 October 2015

My Autumn/Winter 2015 Makeover

Hello Everybody!

Firstly, I want to say that this is super scary to post as I have never done a big makeover, I have always been very blonde and I'd really appreciate no negativity surrounding this post. I'm not a particularly confident person and I rarely feel good about myself. Only now am I starting to feel better about myself, and if this look isn't for you, that is also totally okay. 

Recently, with the new weather drawing in, I have been feeling very drab, boring, and uninteristing. I have always had pale skin and blonde hair, but my hair just felt so lacklustre and dull, I was desperate to perk things up a bit!

This is how I've looked for years. Now, there's nothing wrong with it... But the thing is, is that we don't all want to look like Barbie, with long blonde hair, bright pink lips, etc. That look isn't for everyone and it didn't match up to my personality at all. 


When I was deciding on a new hair dye, I had no inclination whatsoever to go mahogany brown, but that's the colour I chose! I went for Clairol Nice n' Easy in Natural Medium Mahogany Brown. I don't really know what drew me to this one. I think I just wanted to be brave and try something really different and for me, this ticked all the boxes! I have to admit I was a little worried though, as once I had dried it seemed so dark it looked black! 


But when I woke up this morning I was determined to make the best of it. I was debating whether to tan a little but I'm glad I didn't as I feel like it looks more unique to be pale with dark hair. I had wanted to find a (kind of) signature look, with interesting yet flattering hair and makeup, and classic yet sophisticated clothes. Throw those all together, and you get an immaculate, polished look. Throughout all my years of blonde hair I have never once felt that way about myself. Now, I feel like it's time for a change, and to be the person I want to be, rather than the person I've been for years but was always to afraid to be anything else. I have also wanted a more professional look for a long time, I want to be working on the Estée Lauder makeup counter in our local department store and I just feel like the darker hair has a much more mature, 'saleable' look. 

I've been starting to wear more flattering clothes for my body shape, too. I'm a petite 10-12 but what with having a one and a half year old, I have been living in jeans every day these past two years. Today, I stepped it in a cream long sleeve blouse with a polka dot print, with a black pencil skirt, and black heeled court shoes. I just felt so much better presented today than I have done in a really long time. I feel like this is the new me (super cliche, I know), and I want to keep it up. 

I hope you guys have enjoyed this (very different) style post today, and I hope you're all looking forward to a lovely weekend!

Lots of love, 

Sam x








No comments:

Post a Comment