Saturday 10 October 2015

My Holy Grail Makeup Product - Estée Lauder Double Wear Concealer

Hello Everybody!

Firstly, I have to say - Oh. My. Goodness.

The topic of this post today is literally amazing. 

You know in Mean Girls when that Asian guy is talking about Regina George and is saying '"Regina George is Flawless." -' That, my friends, is exactly how I feel about my Estée Lauder Double Wear Concealer. 

*Whispers* "My Estée Lauder Double Wear Concealer is Flawless."


But seriously. 

I bought it because I have really prominent, very blue veins around my eyes and I get more self conscious about that than I do anything else about myself. I'm trying to do the whole 'pale skin, dark hair' thing and I really can't be doing that with people constantly telling me I have pen on my face. Which, by the way, they do say that. Total strangers. I mean, I know they're trying to be helpful but it then makes me feel like a total asshole when I have to reply to them, "No, that's just my face." I want to appear like I have perfect Snow White, Porcelain skin, but Snow White never had those problems even though she's so pale because she's a fucking animated character. 

Sorry, had to get that out of my system. 

The thing is, is that other than the veins I'm perfectly comfortable with how I look. I actually feel kind of fifties pin up, with a dark curly bob, porcelain skin, jet black winged eyes, and cherry red lips (which is how I look basically every day now). I knew I wouldn't be comfortable until I had sorted out the vein issue which is why I headed over to the Estée Lauder Makeup Counter in the first place.

So, I started off in Boots and I was looking at the Max Factor Colour Correction Crayons with my cousin Jess, who suggested that the Green Colour Correction might be the thing to cancel out the blue vein. So I applied a bit over and it's safe to say it did not colour correct my skin, it sort of just looked like I'd forgotten where to apply my eyeshadow (Thanks for the suggestion, Jess) and after we'd laughed at my skin even more, we thought that maybe the makeup artists on the high-end counters would be able to point me in the right direction as to what I could use to conceal it.

When we got to the counters, we waited a while but nobody turned up, so I started perusing all the options myself. Initially when I swatched the Double Wear Concealer I thought it was far too thick (it's a very creamy consistency) and I didn't think it would work with my skin but I dabbed a bit on anyway and it actually concealed the veins and gave me that Kim Kardashian super highlighted under eye look that she has. It made my eyes look much more awake and illuminated, and the Double Wear Concealers (and Foundations) are known for and hyped about because they have a really long lasting formula, and obviously I would want my makeup to last all day and honestly it's such a good concealer I would actually go as far to say that if I could only have one makeup product in my life, it would be this. It's pricey at £22 but it is, in my opinion, totally worth it. It's cheaper than having surgery to discolour the vein so I can't really complain too much about having to spend little over £20 on it!


Lots of Love,

Sam x


No comments:

Post a Comment