Monday 19 October 2015

My Makeup Vanity & Storage

Hello Everybody!

I'm so, so, so excited to post this one up. I've been getting very easily frustrated of late, because I've had nowhere to store my makeup properly for a long while, so recently I went out and bought myself this totally bargainous, secondhand vintage 60's dressing table, for all of £20.


£20, and it's huge. There is so much to it, and I personally absolutely LOVE the way it looks. I know not everybody likes vintage, but I really do, and I can't imagine finding anything that I liked more than this one. It is literally so my style. It's perfect, and I have been crazy excited about showing it to you guys. 

The last makeup storage blog I wrote was posted around two years ago, when I was living in London in a tiny poky flat and there really wasn't the space for anything. I'd never have fit this dressing table in my old flat! But now I'm living in Scotland and honestly in comparison, the flats here are huge. So now was the perfect time to really think about having some more personal touches to my living space, and what with my ever-growing love for makeup, a dressing table has been the top of my wish list for a long time now, so was the perfect place to start! Obviously I store all of my makeup in here and I'm also going to show you the products I own. As for the boring disclaimer part, of course I'm not trying to brag, there are so many people who have way more makeup than me but I personally love makeup and interiors, and I think it's always interesting to see parts of other people's homes, or the way they store things, their dressing tables, their makeup collections and their personal touches! So I'm going to include all of those for you in this post!

On top of my dressing table, I have my makeup brushes in a cute Cath Kidston soup mug, with an empty Benefit Moisturiser pot that I like to store small things like bobby pins, rings, and earrings in. 


I also store my favourite, most used Nails Inc polishes on the white, glassy bit. I think that the white bit lights up because there's a little switch at the side, whoever owned this vanity previously decided to cut the wire to the plug though so I can't really use it! It doesn't really bother me though as I was wanting to get fairy lights to put around it as I think they look super cute, but my stepdad reckons he can fix it, so we'll see what happens!


I also store my most used perfumes there, too. My favourites are Versace Bright Crystal, and Marc Jacobs Daisy Eau So Fresh.


In the top left drawer, I store my skincare products. I really love the Neal's Yard Geranium & Orange Body Lotion (far right). 


In the bottom left drawer, I have all my lip products. They're pretty much all pink, or red! I do have one berry lipstick though which is my absolute favourite, it's the Rimmel Kate Moss lipstick in the shade 30.


In the top middle draw, I store all of my foundations and face products, so I keep my primers, blushes, bronzers, concealers, and highlights in here too (Also, a close up of my laptop for you, because that's the way the picture went! Mine is the Magenta HP Stream).


Underneath that draw, I store all my hair products, but I didn't take a picture of it because the draw is an absolute mess! I keep all my haircare products, brushes, and tools and tongs in there.

In the top far right draw I keep my eye products. All my mascara's, eyeliners, eyeshadows, brow products, and palettes live in here. My favourite product in here is my Stila In The Light Palette, and I use the shade Bubbly pretty much every day! I also keep my false lashes, glue, and curlers in here.


In the bottom right draw I keep my samples and tester products. I really like this draw, because I love the cute smaller sizes of things but also when I'm going away it's really easy to just take a handful of products to try, and take up less space in my luggage! I also have false nails at the back.


So that is pretty much everything! I store all my body moisurisers, shower gels, hair wash and such all in my bathroom so they're not in my vanity. The more I look at how everything is laid out in my dressing table, the more I realise that I really don't need to buy any more makeup for a long time! Which would be great, however I've just started my Glossybox subscription, and have asked for the Urban Decay On The Run Palette, a Real Techniques Bold Metals Blush Brush, and a Chanel Chance fragrance, for Christmas. So I guess that ideas well out the window!

Hope you guys have enjoyed this post!

Lots of Love,

Sam x









No comments:

Post a Comment