Tuesday 13 May 2014

My Kristen Stewart makeup look

I have never really considered myself to be much of a fan of Kristen Stewart. However, of late, I have been totally girl-crushing on her - I love her style, I love her makeup looks, I love that she's not afraid to be herself, and it love that she isn't scared of wearing Converse on the red carpet! I just adore how unique bad quirky she is, which is why I decided to recreate her makeup style. This isn't really a tutorial, it's more just a guide on how I created my look.


So, with Kristen, she always has a flawless, pale complexion, generally with lightly bronzed cheeks. For me, this is perfect - it's how I start off my makeup too. There are millions of pictures of Kristen all over the internet, many from award ceremonies, and for big events like this, she always has trademark red lips, and a kind of dark brown smokey eye, and lashes. For her hair, it is 90% of the time long, brunette, shiny and immaculately blow-dried. 


I, however, didn't quite have the time for an immaculate blow dry, so instead, I scrunched my naturally wavy hair with Aussie hair mousse while it was still wet, and then rough-dried it last night. 


For my makeup, I primed with Maybelline's Baby Skin pore eraser, and applied a base of Benefit's Hello Flawless foundation in the shade Ivory - this is one of the palest foundations I've found, but at £22, is a little pricey. Luckily, if you would like something cheaper, I've recently come across Loreal's Infallible foundation, and the shade Porcelain is even more pale - and a perfect colour match for my skin tone. The Loreal Infallible foundations are retailed at £9.99 from Superdrug. I then lightly dusted my cheeks with Bourjois Delice de Soleil bronzer. Kristen doesn't wear a heavy amount of bronzer, so neither did I for this look. I actually found it to be much more natural looking, I think I might have to keep that tip! I then penciled lightly into my eyebrows with the Rimmel eyebrow pencil in the shade light brown.

For her eyes, Kristen wears a light-to-dark brown smokey eye, so I applied Collection's Work The Colour eyeshadow trio in Choc Chip. I then applied a pair of false eyelashes (I just used Primark's Very Fluttering eyelashes), and applied Maybelline's the Falsies over the top, on to my own natural lashes. Once the adhesive had dried, I then applied Collection's Extreme 24 hour felt tip liner over the top of the lashes - it's such an easy, flawless way of getting the perfect eyeliner. 

For the trademark strong red lips, I prepped using my Burt's Bees lip wax, and then finished with Rimmel's Apocalips in the shade Across The Universe - it's a really strong dark red shade, and I really love it! It looks darker in real life than it does in the picture though! I can't find mine though so instead here is the lip lacquer and the shade that I found on Rimmel's website! 


I then decided to wear Ray-Bans in the second picture, because Kristen wears those sometimes, during the day. As I was going out I thought I'd wear mine too! 


So, this was my attempt at Kristen Stewart's makeup. I hope you liked it! 

Sammii-Jane x






No comments:

Post a Comment