Tuesday 20 May 2014

My First Ever MAC Lipstick

Before today, I've never in my life, purchased a MAC lipstick. I've only ever purchased one MAC product in my life - the Brow Set in the shade Beguile. Personally, although it had really great reviews, I didn't really get on with the product, it was too natural and undefining for me, as I personally like quite defined brows. That aside, recently I've been wanting to branch out a little more makeup-wise, and try brands I haven't tried before, and products I've never used before (I'm on the lookout for a nice highlighter, I'm thinking maybe a Dior one? Let me know if you know of any decent highlighters, any brands!)

So today, after looking around the makeup counters, I decided I really wanted to make another MAC purchase. I've never used a MAC lipstick and I suppose, to me a lipstick is a makeup bag staple. I love nude lipsticks, I think it's just such a beautiful, classic look, and personally, I don't think you need a lot of makeup to work the look; as a nude lipstick, a bit of eyeliner and mascara, and some bronzer on your cheeks can really be all you need. So I thought I would play on this idea a little, and start by purchasing a nude lipstick. I tried at least a good ten shades that the consultant suggested for me, but as I'm so pale I just didn't feel like many suited me - I needed a slightly strong nude shade. I ended up choosing the shade Brave, which looks like this. I love the little bullet-shape of the lipsticks. How beautiful do they look?


Here is what it looks like on - I really love this shade as I think it's such a good neutral for me. I also recently decided to get a fringe cut, I'm unsure if it really suits me but I quite like it anyway!


So, this was my first MAC lipstick purchase! As it was so difficult to find a good shade, I doubt I would get any more for myself, however to build up my MUA kit I will eventually need to purchase a fair amount of products from the brand. 

I hope you're all looking forward to a great weekend!

Sammii-Jane x









No comments:

Post a Comment