Saturday 17 May 2014

How to get a really easy smokey eye - Tutorial

Hey guys, so today's blog post is on how to get a really easy smokey eye makeup effect. Basically, a lot of people do find it difficult to get this effect, so I've made it really, really simple and really quick. I did mine literally in ten minutes, and that was with taking the photos too for this blog. So, let's get started! To prep, you're going to want to start with doing your base makeup - so cleanse, prime, apply your foundation, bronzer, face powder, and whatever else you usually use. I also did my eyebrows, because otherwise I look like I have none!

Then, you need to apply your eyeshadow. I am using a 2True shadow Duo - I'm not sure what shade it is but here's what it looks like! It's like a kind of shimmery white, paired with a darker brown.


Step 1: So, just using an eyeshadow brush, apply the lighter colour all over your lid, and it should look like this...

2: Then apply the darker shadow into the crease, and try to wing it out a little. Blend it in, and don't worry if you didn't get the "wing" perfect, you can just neaten it up by using a cotton bud. Curl your own natural lashes now.

3: Then, apply your false lashes - wait until the glue is tacky before trying to apply. If the glue is too wet, it won't work. I just used cheap strip lashes I bought from Primark, and Eyelure Lash Glue - using a good glue is so important if you want them to stay on all day.

4: When your lashes are dry, then go over the lash line with a liquid eyeliner, and flick it out a little at the outer corner. I just used a Rimmel Extreme 24Hour Felt tip Liner, as I find pens the easiest to work with for this. Then, build up your eyeliner until you are happy with it. This is all about personal preference as to how thick you like your liner.

5: This is how it will look with your eyes open - and at this point, apply your mascara to both your natural lashes (start at the root to build up volume), and the strip lashes. This will bind them together. I used Maybelline's The Falsies mascara.

So this is how the easy smokey eye should turn out! I've also included a picture of me to show you the full effect of the eye makeup. 

I hope you've found this tutorial helpful, and I just want to add as a little disclaimer that I don't intend for this to be a really in-depth smokey eye - I mean this to really just be a simple one that anyone is able to do. And if you want a darker smokey eye, then just build up the colour in your crease - but make sure you blend!

Hope you're looking forward to a lovely weekend! 

Sammii-Jane x


















No comments:

Post a Comment