Saturday 17 May 2014

Loreal Lumi Magique Primer Review

Last week, I was looking online at new primers to try. I'd been using Maybelline's Baby Skin pore eraser, but wanted to try something different. I'd recently bought Loreal's Infallible foundation in the shade Porcelain, which is a perfect colour match for me as it's the palest foundation I've ever come across, with really great coverage. But where it's so pale, I didn't want it to make me look really washed out as some light foundations can do, so I thought I would try a primer from the same brand - Loreal's Lumi Magique primer. It was either going to be this one, or the Loreal Resurfacing primer, but the Lumi Magique claimed to be "Light reflecting and gives a healthy glow under your makeup".


I'm going to be completely honest in my review, as I always am - it did make my skin look healthier and glowier, but in no way would I describe it as a primer. It did nothing to help my makeup sit better and actually felt quite dry, where a primer generally softens and smooths your skin base. 


The first picture is how my foundation sat over Maybelline's Baby Skin pore eraser, which may look very matte but was far more comfortable. The second picture is with Loreal's Lumi Magique, and it was definitely much more glowy in my opinion, which I liked - but for the price of £10 and really isn't even a primer, it seemed a bit of a swizz as you'd have to buy the Resurfacing Primer from the brand too for the best effect - which retails at around £15 in most Boots and Superdrug stores.

So, I'm now out of a good working primer as this one really doesn't do anything to prime - which I am disappointed about if I'm honest! If you're looking for something to wake up your skin and make it look fresh, this product is really great for that - but in no way is it a skin primer. Equally it's really good as a skin highlighter. However, for my primer, I'll definitely be choosing the Loreal Resurfacing primer next time! 

What were your thoughts on the Lumi Magique, if you've tried it? 

Sammii-Jane x


No comments:

Post a Comment