Tuesday 22 September 2015

Vegan What I Eat In A Day

Hello Everybody! So, I know a lot of people are curious as to what vegans actually eat. "Surely you must all just eat rabbit food!" Is the first response. Not quite! Of course we do have to eat a lot of salad, fruit, and veggies, but that isn't just what we eat. 

So for breakfast today, I made up some porridge using soy milk, porridge oats, agave nectar sweetener, and I also mashed half a banana into it, using the other half of the banana slices as a topping, and also put some strawberries on top too.


To drink, I always start off with a jar of iced strawberry or orange tea sweetened with agave. I make it before I go to bed and keep it in the fridge overnight so it's chilled for the morning. I also make up a classy little bottle of fruit squash to take out with me as I'm usually quite a busy person and I'm out a lot of the time.


For lunch, I fancied toasted pitta bread, with spinach, hummus, tomatoes, pickles, and a bunch of fruit and carrot sticks and crisps on the side. I also finished my bottle of squash with this meal so I was feeling quite full!


After we had lunch, I took my son to nursery, and I headed to Starbucks to order a Vanilla Soy Latte. I also got some smoked almonds from the counter as they're just a really delicious vegan snack together.


Since going to Wagamamas last month, I have been obsessed with trying to recreate their vegan Yasai Itame, so that's what I'm making tonight! I'm using plain rice, a pack of stir fry veg, and I have made a homemade soy marinade to cook with it. I used a tsp of ginger garlic, a tsp of tom yum paste, a tsp of tamarind paste, about half cup of soy sauce, a half cup of barbecue sauce, and a sprinkle of turmeric and chilli flakes. I added these ingredients to a jar and shook the jar to mix it all together, and left the jar to one side. I then boiled the plain rice on a low heat for around twenty minutes until cooked. I added in the stir fry veg to the pan, and also the sauce so the rice didn't burn. 
I also used my George Foreman two portion grill to grill some tofu chunks to serve with it. Once the tofu was done I added it in to the saucepan as well. I only let it cook for a further couple of minutes as it was already cooked and I didn't want to over cook it. This has actually been my favourite vegan dish to date, I think it's so delicious and I fully recommend it. 


As an evening snack, I cut up some honeydew melon to share with my son, and made myself a cup of camomile tea. I adore melon and it's really hydrating, and it's really great that my son loves it too. 

And that is everything I had today! I absolutely love vegan food, I find it really filling, delicious, and I feel much cleaner for eating it too. Hope you guys enjoyed this post!

Sam x




No comments:

Post a Comment