Monday 31 August 2015

My Everyday Cruelty Free Makeup Look

Hello everyone! So today it's a bank holiday in the UK, and it is absolutely beautiful!

Today I wanted to share with you my cruelty free makeup look. I appreciate that this isn't the most important thing to everybody, however it is important to me that I only use cruelty free products. I do this makeup look most days, as I just find it's the easiest thing to do, it's fool proof, and it literally takes me like ten minutes to do. 


So to create this makeup look, I first cleansed my skin with coconut oil by directly rubbing it on to my face and washing it off with a flannel. This also helps get rid of dry skin. I then applied my Simple Face Moisturiser, and rubbed my bareMinerals Prime Time BB Primer Cream.
 
I left my skin at this stage so that I could work on my eyes. I prefer to do my eye makeup first so that no eyeshadow will fall on to my already set foundation. I used bareMinerals Eyeshadow in the shade 'Well Rested', and then applied Bourjois Colorband Eye Crayon in the shade 'Brun Dadaiste' to my crease. I then blended these using a Real Techniques Eyeshadow Brush. I then applied more of the Bourjois Colorband to my waterline and to line my eyes. I applied House of Lashes false eyelashes - I used 'Au Naturale'. Once dry, I then curled my lashes (and the falsies) with my eyelash curler, before finally applying two coats of Natural Collection LashBuild Mascara

I then went back to my skin, and applied bareMinerals Ready Foundation in the shade R150 under my eyes, around my nose, on my chin, and to conceal any other blemishes. I used the bareMinerals Concealer brush to apply, then blended it using the bareMinerals Full Flawless Face Brush. I then used the same brush to apply my Natural Collection SunTint Bronzing Powder to my temples and cheekbones to give me some warmth. 

For my eyebrows, I brushed them using a basic eyebrow spoolie, and then used The Body Shop Angled Eye Brush to apply The Body Shop Eyeshadow in the shade 'Coconuts about You'.

And lastly, for my lips, I applied bareMinerals Lipgloss in the shade 'Maverick', and then applied Neal's Yard Lipgloss in the shade 'Goji Berry' on top.

For my hair, I was super lazy today and literally just brushed it and rubbed some coconut oil through the ends to keep it healthy.

Also, I just want to list the Cruelty Free Makeup Brands I used, just in case you found it helpful!
1. The Body Shop
2. bareMinerals
3. Natural Collection
4. Bourjois
5. Neal's Yard
6. Real Techniques

Although I didn't use it for this particular look, Lush is also Cruelty Free!

Hope you enjoyed this post!

Sam x

No comments:

Post a Comment