Saturday 29 August 2015

Cruelty Free Product Haul

So, with my recent transition to a vegan, it was important to me that I found cruelty free makeup products (Finally - I get to fuse my two favourite things together!) After doing some research, I discovered that The Body Shop, and Lush, are both completely cruelty free. Simple skin care also do not test on animals, nor do they contain any animal derived products, which makes me really happy! 

So, here's what I bought...

1. Papaya Body Butter - The Body Shop
The papaya scent has always been my favourite body moisturiser, so to find this was actually cruelty free was the highlight of my trip! I also just generally really love The Body Shop, and as you can see I got a fair few products from there...

2. Simple Moisturiser and Toner
I got two lots of these as I'm going away next week, so I want a set to take with me and a set to keep at home. I just find that having these little bottles are the best thing when you've run out of the big bottles, they're literally my back up products!

3. Neal's Yard lip gloss in Goji Berry
Neal's Yard are completely organic, and this shade is like a sort of berry/dusky rose colour, and it was just so pretty! I found this in my local Debenhams for £14. 

4. Yes to Grapefruit Dark Spot Correcting Serum
After doing a lot of research, I found out this product is vegan friendly! It has taken me such a long time to find a vegan friendly skin product. I have read through endless product ingredients to just try and find something, so I was so relieved to find this! I'm so excited to try it.

5. Superdrug Dead Sea Purifying Clay Mask
These are also suitable for vegetarians and vegans. I also bought the tea tree face mask which is hiding at the back, and I just thought it would be good to have a few face masks to use before staying at my boyfriend's for the week. It's a long distance relationship (he's only four hours away though) but I want my skin to be in good condition when I'll be waking up next to him every morning makeup free. 

6. Lush Dirty Toothy Tabs
These are just like organic little toothpaste tablets. They're in a dry tablet form and you nibble it and break it up between your teeth and start brushing. It doesn't sound too pleasant, I know, but they're cruelty free, and the packaging is recyclable, and they were a bargain at £2.

7. Lush Bubblegum Lip Scrub
I believe this cost around £5, but my memory has gone completely blank and I can't remember for sure! But this is effectively a little flavouring, colouring, and castor sugar to scrub away all the dead skin on your lips. And, it really does taste like bubblegum. I love it!

8. The Body Shop Honey and Oat Mask
So, the biggest vegan argument is whether honey is actually vegan. Personally, I'm pro honey, but I don't tend to use it much. I understand that honey is derived from animals, but bees would be producing it naturally anyway and it causes them no harm. This was a free sample they slipped in my bag when I wasn't looking, but I love a face mask, and will probably use it. 

9. Lush Charity Pot
This was only £1 when I got to the till, and I thought it would be good to keep in my handbag as a hand cream. Also, all proceeds go to charity - Lush, you're a star. 

10. Palmers Cocoa Butter 
I love the rich coconutty smell of Palmers. This is such a nice, comforting body butter and my boyfriend really likes the smell of it. It's such a cosy scent, it's warming and friendly and I love it.

11. Rose Mountain Fragrance and Body Moisturiser
I got this as a set in The Body Shop for £20. I love the smell of Rose, it's so pretty and feminine. 

12. Camomile Cleansing Oil
This was £10 in The Body Shop. It's really gentle and effective. You use it to take off your makeup by rubbing a small pump of it all around your face, and rinsing with water. I find the camomile really calms my skin as well, it's such a lovely product!

13. The Body Shop Soaps
These were £2.50 each. I got Coconut, Satsuma, and Strawberry. I bought one to take away with me, and two to keep in my bathroom. 

I'm going to go back to The Body Shop soon to also pick up some cruelty free shampoo and conditioner, and also some bronzer, eyeshadow, and mascara. It's really important to me that I pick up things that are cruelty free but I wasn't sure what I actually needed to buy when I first went looking (I know, it was stupid...) but I will update you on what I pick up as well in case you're interested!

I hope you guys enjoyed this post!

Sam x



 

No comments:

Post a Comment