Tuesday 3 June 2014

The Bobbi Brown Makeup Bag Essentials Kit

You guys have no idea how much I have been lusting after the Bobbi Brown Makeup Essentials Kit. Let me tell you - I have been lusting after this kit so much. It has literally at the very top of my wish list, even somehow beating the bareMinerals face palette. I haven't blogged about it previously because i never thought I'd be lucky enough to actually own it, as being able to afford it was a little bit of a stretch for me. I have never used Bobbi Brown products before, but I really want to branch out a little more - I mainly use high street makeup, mixed with Clinique, bareMinerals, and Benefit - so I've been really wanting to try products from other brands to mix it up a little more. 

The Makeup Bag Essentials Kit has basically everything I like to use. It has a shimmer brick blush compact with the mini face blender brush (so many bloggers rave about this brush - I am desperate to have it!), a gel eyeliner pot with a fine liner brush, a mascara, and a lipstick. I use all of these kind of products on a daily basis, but I really love this as a more luxurious, updated version  of my high-street daily makeup! 
What I love about Bobbi's kits are that all the shades of the products she puts into them are universal - all the products will suit any skin tone, so everyone can wear them. I have been eyeing up this kit for the past two weeks, and I have finally been lucky enough to place my order! 
I bought my kit from the Bobbi Brown website, which also has a deal on free delivery, as well as 3 free samples of your choice on orders over £50, which works out a much better deal as you get more products than if you had purchased it at a counter, with no travel, or delivery costs. For my free samples, I selected the Instant Long-Wear Makeup Remover (30ml), the Soothing Cleansing Oil (30ml), and the Extra Eye Repair cream (2.5ml). I've been on the lookout for a good eye cream, and I absolutely love cleansing oils - they just feel so luxurious to me! I also really need to start taking my makeup off with a proper makeup remover rather than wipes, and that's why I chose the makeup remover. I really can't wait for it to arrive, it looks so amazing!


A couple of days later...

I am so excited right now. I was just wondering what I was going to do today as I didn't have anything planned - when the postman knocked on the door with a parcel for me, which was the Makeup Bag Essentials kit I ordered! Here's what I was lucky enough to open today! Here's the front of the product.

And the back of the box...

The free sample products hiding underneath... 

The contents of the box...

All the products I received altogether...

And a close-up of the Shimmer Brick, to give you a good idea of the colour! It's a dusky light pink, and just looks so beautiful! It's in the shade Wild Rose.

A full list of the products I recieved...
- 'Wild Rose' Shimmer Brick
- 'Twilight Night Shimmer Ink' Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner
- 'Nude Rose' Rich Lip Colour
- 'Black' Mini Extreme Party Mascara
- Mini Face Blender Brush
- Mini Ultra Fine Eyeliner Brush

And as my free samples...
- Instant Long-Wear Makeup Remover (30ml)
- Soothing Cleansing Oil (30ml)
- Extra Eye Repair Cream (2.5ml)

So, this is definitely so far my all-time favourite beauty purchase ever - Eight Bobbi Brown products for the total price of £65, such good value! I already know I'm going to love it. I'll be doing a product review on it soon, and will be showing you how it looks on, which I'm so excited for! Anyway, I hope you've had a day as lovely as I have had! 

Sammii-Jane x

No comments:

Post a Comment