Sunday 15 June 2014

Snow White Hair and Makeup Look

... Really random, I know! But yesterday, I made a sneaky trip to the hairdressers, as my hair was just in awful condition, I never styled it, and it was just a bright mahogany mess on the top of my head. I really wanted something sleek and sophisticated, and managed to leave the salon (Toni&Guy), with a sleek and glossy dark brown long bob, with a curled blow dry.


I decided after that, that I felt like Snow! I love how bouncy and swishy the style is, it's a thousand times better than it was before! The stylist just used a small rounded brush and a hair dryer with a concentrator nozzle to blow dry it curly, it's definitely going to be something I will try! 
So for my makeup today, I really wanted to play on the Snow White makeup look; ivory skin, rosy cheeks, a bright red lip, and I added a slight flicked black eyeliner and false lashes to polish up the look. Also, please ignore my hairline! I know it's really bad but in fairness, it was dyed only yesterday!

After cleansing and moisturising, I primed my skin with Maybelline's Baby Skin Pore Eraser before applying Loreal Infallible Foundation (in the shade Porcelain). I concealed any blemishes with Seventeen's Phwoarr Paint (in the shade fair). I added a touch of Loreal's Lumi Magique to my cheekbones. For this particular look, bronzer wasn't necessary, so I just applied Collection's Blush by Little Mix (in the shade Perrie) to the apples of my cheeks, blending it really well. I then set my face makeup by using a clean fluffy powder brush to apply Sleek's Luminating Powder. 
I then used my Barry M Angled Eye Brush to fill in my eyebrows with my 2true Eyeshadow Duo (shade 14). I did want a really dark brow for this look so I built the colour up to make it appear stronger. I then coloured over my eyelid using Collection Work The Colour Shimmer Stick (in the shade Antique Rose) and blended it into the outer corners by using my fingers. I then applied Maybelline's Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner over my upper lash line, and subtly winged it out at the outer corners. I then curled my natural lashes, before applying False Strip Lashes by using Eyelure Lash Glue. For my lips, I used a dab of Cold Cream as an intensive moisturiser, before applying Barry M Lipstick (in the shade 121). I then spritzed Rimmel's Fix Me Up Makeup Fixer to ensure the makeup would last all day. 

So this is my Snow White makeup look! Of course, I can't take credit for the hair, but it did end up being the inspiration for the makeup. Also, I'm so, so, sorry for the lack of posts, there will be more shortly! I've just been so busy this week as I've been finally getting all the bits for my Pro makeup kit together (everything has FINALLY been bought, so I will be showing you guys all my purchases really soon! I've also been getting everything ready for my family holiday next week, so there will be a Holiday Haul to show you, and then pictures from the holiday at a later date! 

I hope you've all had an amazing weekend!

Sammii-Jane x





No comments:

Post a Comment