Thursday 12 June 2014

My 2014 Hair and Makeup

This post is just a little update of how I've progressed with finding my particular "look" that I feel most comfortable with. When I first took an interest to makeup, I felt awful about myself, I had absolutely no clue of shades or makeup application, I literally rubbed foundation into my face using my hands. I didn't even know what primer was. I felt so uncomfortable with myself, I just wasn't put together at all (in fairness, I was heavily pregnant at the time), so this year, I made a huge effort to present myself well. I've opted for paler foundation to match my skin tone, dark mahogany hair because I decided to be brave and play around with my look more (I hated blonde hair when I was pregnant, it looked awful!), and more grown-up clothing, rather than wandering around in say, leggings, or sportswear - it was just so unflattering for me! As well as having a complete hair overhaul, I've also been concentrating on the techniques of makeup application, too. Makeup has just opened up a whole new world for me, of products I never even knew existed, and I am enjoying every second of learning about it, through trying new products, reading up on skincare, purchasing makeup application books, and starting a college course soon in Cosmetic Makeup. On the left is what I used to look like (just after a bareMinerals makeover, amazing foundation coverage!), and on the right is my current makeover! 


Of course, I still don't feel completely perfected, I do still get constant flare-ups with my skin, but it has gotten a lot better than before, when I was pregnant. I've also stopped feeling the need for plastic surgery (I always wanted my nose, and boobs done, but I'm more comfortable with both now. I know how to make my nose look slimmer using makeup, and my boobs did stay a cup size bigger after my pregnancy, which I'm much more comfortable with as it suits my frame a lot more - it really does make a difference!). I also, as you can see, have really short eyelashes, which is something else I'd love to change, but I guess that's what false eyelashes are for! 

So, this is my current look that I feel so much more comfortable with! I do feel like I've come along so far as I think it takes a lot for a girl to feel comfortable with herself, while it's just so easy to criticise yourself and I suppose, look for flaws. But now, I know how to apply foundation, I know how to do a flicked eyeliner, I can contour, I can shape my eyebrows, and can style my hair (very simply!) but it's all a huge learning process, and there is still much more progress to come! 

Hope you've all had a lovely week,

Sammii-Jane x

No comments:

Post a Comment