Thursday 5 June 2014

Hair and Beauty Haul June '14

I know, I know, I buy a lot of beauty products. But, in fairness, I did genuinely need a lot of it as replacement products for items I've run out of. Technically, very technically, my only splurge was a nail polish. That's what I'm telling myself, anyway...

Hair
I used to dye my hair a light blonde previously, but for the past couple of times I've dyed it I've changed it to a medium brown shade. But because of how many times I've dyed it blonde, the brown isn't really sticking to my hair that well and is leaving it with a greenish tinge to it after just a few weeks! So, I thought if I went for a slightly redder shade, then it would hopefully counterbalance the green undertone. I chose a Schwartzkopf Color Mask in the shade Warm Mahogany, and got a Clairol Red Colourseal Gloss. I also thought that as I will be doing a Beauty Course soon, I really want to be taken seriously in the industry, but my image just hasn't been right. I've had badly dyed brown hair that is curly and unkempt, and it really needs to change! I had my hair trimmed yesterday and finally straightened it for the first time in months, and it looked so much better glossy and sleek! So I bought the Got2b Straightening Blow Dry Kit too. I really need to make an effort with my hair, but atthe same time my son barely gives me time to do my makeup in the mornings so I still need something that doesn't take a lot of time! I also bought a Tresemme Mini Paddle Brush as a hairbrush I can keep in my handbag, as I don't have the space in it for a bigger hairbrush, yet unfortunately always have messy hair by the end of the day!

Face
For my face, I always use Glycerin and Rosewater as a cleanser, toner, and moisturiser, so this is a replacement product I use everyday. I've also ran out of my Rimmel Wake Me Up concealer, but it was also too dark for my foundation anyway so I decided to give Seventeen Phwoarr Paint Concealer a go. So far, I am absolutely loving it, I can't believe I haven't tried this before. It is such a good concealer, it hides everything, and the shade matches my skin and foundation perfectly, as well as being seriously heavy-duty - it doesn't budge. As another need, I bought a Barry M Angled Eyeliner Brush as I've started to fill in my eyebrows with eyeshadow by using a bigger version of this brush that I bought from The Body Shop a while ago - but the problem is that the brush was just far too big so was very easy to make mistakes. Hopefully with this smaller brush the application will be much more precise! I also bought a Barry M Gelly Nail Paint in a cute spearmint green shade, as I am absolutely loving minty nails for Spring/Summer this year! 

Body
As I've recently run out of body butter, but in all honesty am too lazy to go into the next town to properly browse through and find a new one, I picked up this Vitamin E All Over Body Cream from my local Superdrug (where I've picked up everything else...). This was on offer at £2.99, and as I've never used a product with Vitamin E I've never really known about the skincare benefits of it, so it will be interesting to see if it does make a difference to my skin. As well as being incredibly cheap, it was also the biggest pot at 475ml, so I should definitely get a lot of use out of it! 

So, these are my recent products, and I'll be doing a review soon to show my hair makeover, and also to let you know how I get on using the budget straightening treatment! I'm really hoping it works, as if it does, it will be excellent value for money! Hope you're all having a lovely week!

Sammii-Jane x


No comments:

Post a Comment