Monday 21 April 2014

Super easy five-minute makeup!

Hey guys! I hope you've been having a great four-day weekend! So, I'm not going to lie to you - I don't do amazing, elaborate makeup every day. As a new mother, I need makeup that can be done really quickly, and really easily, as half the time it's done one-handed, whilst trying to rock a screaming newborn to sleep! So here is my daily hair and makeup, which takes altogether about ten minutes, right from cleansing and brushing teeth, to the complete, finished look. 


Here's the makeup look - nothing fancy, but just clearer, fresher skin, a light blush, defined brows and lashes, and a glossy pink lip. My hair is just put back into a bun at the back of my head, and sometimes I like to accessorise with a flower hair clip if I'm feeling particularly girly! Today though, is a simple day, my son hasn't given me a lot of time to feel pretty, just enough time to make myself look slightly better! 


Here is the makeup I've used - I've previously cleansed with Clean and Clear's Daily Scrub, and moisturised with the same brands Dual Moisturiser. I've also used Superdrug's Naturally Radiant 2-in-1 Moisturiser and Serum for extra moisture. I've applied Garnier's tinted under-eye roll on to cover the dark circles under my eyes, and then prepped my skin with Maybelline's Baby Skin Pore Eraser. 
For my skin, I use the bareMinerals Ready Foundation, which you just buff onto your skin and takes literally about thirty seconds. I then use a stippling brush to apply my Sleek blusher (in the shade Golden Rose).
For my eyes, I lightly define my brows with Rimmel's Eyebrow pencil (in the shade Light Brown), and then pump my lashes a few times with the curler before applying Maybelline's The Falsies mascara - I apply two to three coats.
For my lips, I use a balm to soften them first - I've been using Palmers Cocoa Butter Formula lip balm recently, which is really moisturising and smells so good! I then use a LancĂ´me Juicy Tube (in the shade Fraise), which just gives a nice pink glossy tint. 
For my hair, I don't get a lot of time to play around with it - surely not enough to actually straighten it - so I just brush it through, and run some hair primer through so that it's vaguely compliant for what I want to do with it. I then style it into a messy bun and clip my fringe back, and finish with the Elnett Satin Touch Hairspray. 

This is my finished look, and I hope you're not all too sad about returning to work tomorrow! 
Blog soon, Sammii-Jane x


No comments:

Post a Comment