Wednesday 9 April 2014

Beauty haul! And a couple of surprises...

Hey guys! Really, really, sorry I haven't posted anything in a while! My son is now one week old, and I was in hospital for five days previous to that as my labour took forever!! But, in the midst of having a screaming newborn, and changing his dirty nappies, I have still been able to make a few lovely little beauty purchases, so I thought I would share with you what I've bought this time! 


I took Elijah for a walk into our local town centre and of course, ended up in Boots, and Superdrug! I had wanted to try the Sleek blushers for a while, as they're incredibly popular on literally everyone's beauty blog. A lot of bloggers have said they are very similar to the NARS blushers and have really good pigmentation, so I picked one up in the shade Golden Rose. I was disappointed to bring it home and find out the powder was broken inside, but I will still try it with an open mind! I also picked up one of the Luminous face powders, I hadn't intended to but I swatched it in store and it was just so pretty, it was a really good colour match for my pale skin and had a subtle shimmer which looked really good for making you look more awake and refreshed. 
There was also a sale on Superdrug's own body butters, and I believe you can never have enough body butters! I do have loads sitting around in a drawer at home but it was on a special offer at £1.99, and I just couldn't resist! It has a coconut and sweet lime scent and just smells really fresh but comforting! My final purchase from Superdrug was new eyelash curlers, as my current ones are really old and overused, and my lashes keep getting stuck to it! 
The mini mango set was the only thing I purchased from Boots, it was in the sale for £1.50, and consists of a mango scented shower gel, and matching body butter. I love anything mango scented, and although I don't really need it, it was too cheap to say no to! 

Now, I know I promised you a surprise, so here goes... 


This is the new bag and notebook I bought, because I am going to college! I'll be doing a course in Cosmetic Make-Up so I thought that this bag was just really fitting! You probably think I'm crazy to be going to college when I have a newborn son, but the course is only a few hours, one evening a week, and my mum is happy to help me out with looking after Elijah in that time. 


I also bought a make up set for the college course (but also to play around with and familiarise myself with now). It's a set of four makeup palettes, with a mix of eyeshadows, face colours, blushers, and lip colours. It contains a few brushes too, but I have my eye on a full makeup brush set too. They are cheap sets, but when they are purely for college, myself, and experimental use, they're fine to use for now. I'll show you better pictures when it arrives, I'm actually really excited to use it! I don't have a huge palette of colours as my makeup is generally very neutral tones, but I see loads of colours in this set!

So, these have been my recent purchases, I hope you like them! Now, I'm also going to talk about something else that is completely off-topic, but so incredibly important too. I spoke to a lovely charity worker in the street earlier, I generally try to avoid them (everyone else does too!), but I am glad I stopped today. It was the charity NDCS, which is the National Deaf Children's Society. They are the only deaf children's charity in the UK, and I wasn't aware of this. For something that can affect so many people, I was very surprised to find out there weren't more charities of a similar nature. As I've just had a child, and Elijah still hasn't passed his hearing test (he's due a retake in the next couple of weeks), this did concern me, and when I do get more money through it's a charity I will definitely be supporting! If you have a free minute I really would recommend that you Google it even if you don't have money, because awareness and support are fundamental to any charity. 



I hope you're having a great week, Sammii-Jane x




No comments:

Post a Comment