Wednesday 24 June 2015

So, recently I have been obsessed with both watching The Notebook, and listening to Taylor Swift songs. Clearly, I must be rather happy! With also a potential new love interest, I am doing what all normal girls do - completely over-romanticising. However, I have a date Friday which I am very excited for! So, I decided to do a trial hair and makeup run today for the date. 

I wanted a typically forties makeup look, and channelled my inner Allie Hamilton with curled hair. 

After cleansing and moisturising, I applied Revlon Photoready Primer, before using my bareMinerals Full Flawless Face Brush to apply my bareMinerals Ready foundation in the shade R150. I then used my bareMinerals Sheer Face Brush to apply bareMinerals Warmth under my cheekbones to contour. I then used the sheer face brush to also apply a pinky blush on my cheeks, which was my Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick in the shade Wild Rose. 
I brushed my eyebrows into shape, and then got to work on my eyes. I used the shade Bliss from the Stila In The Light Palette as a base coat for my eyes, and then applied my Revlon Felt Tip Liner as close to the lash line as possible. I then curled my lashes, and applied two coats of Collection Volumising Mascara. 
To complete the look, I applied Mac Ruby Woo to my lips. 

For my hair, it's naturally curly anyway so I applied some Aussie Curling Mousse last night before rough drying it before bed. Then when I was doing my hair, I brushed it through, applied some V05 Heat Defence Oil and Frizz Control Serum, before curling it with my Babyliss Curling Wand. I then brushed it through, straightened my fringe (and there's also a bobby pin holding it in place that you can't see), and then applied some smoothing serum to reduce the frizz, and gave it a final spritz of hair spray. 

I then dressed myself in my most vintage looking dress, which is actually a Primark dress from about four summers ago, and I wore tan brogues, with round tortoiseshell sunglasses to complete the look. (I was taking my son out for a walk that day so needed some comfortable foot wear, but I will most likely wear my strappy black Kurt Geigers for the date!)

Hope you enjoyed this look (and my return to the world of beauty blogging! I've missed you!) 

Lots of love,

Sam x

No comments:

Post a Comment