Monday 30 March 2015

My Favourite Vegan Soup Recipe

Just to clarify, I am not vegan! I'm not fully vegetarian yet either - I eat a mostly vegetarian diet but still eat meat perhaps once a week, but I'm phasing that out too. However, it is my sons birthday on Thursday, and I'm having three vegetarians, one diabetic, and one vegan, amongst the majority of meat eaters. When I have people round I like to be able to cater for everyone, so I have been busy trying to whip up a menu that can suit everybody attending. 
I do this vegan soup for mine and my sons dinner at least once a week because it's my favourite comfort food and it's incredibly cheap to make, and tastes so good! 


Warming Tomato and Paprika Soup

Ingredients:
8 fresh tomatoes
1 and a 1/2 L vegetable stock (Vegetable Oxo cubes are vegan)
1 heaped tbsp tomato purée 
A small diced onion
Two finely chopped garlic cloves
Salt and pepper to taste
1 heaped tbsp ground paprika

Method:
I put all the ingredients in the slow cooker and leave it for around four hours on high, before using a hand blender to blend it just before serving. Alternatively, you can just chuck all the ingredients into a saucepan, leave it to simmer for half an hour before putting it into a liquidiser! If you have a soup maker (I do, and love to use it on lazy days!), then I find it's best to set it for twenty-five minutes on chunky, and then fifteen minutes on smooth as it cooks it through perfectly!

This recipe can make two to three large portions of the soup, which doesn't last for long in my house! It's packed full of flavour and is a real crowd pleaser. I guarantee that if you try this at home, you won't be dissapointed! Please excuse me now, as I have a steaming bowl of this beautiful soup right in front of me and a very hungry tummy! 

Write soon,

Sammi x


No comments:

Post a Comment