Saturday 5 July 2014

My First Model/Makeup Work

Hey guys! So, today I had my first makeup job, and I have to say I really enjoyed it, and it actually went really well! I applied makeup on the lovely Georgia, who is attending a wedding reception this evening. I also curled her hair using the Babyliss Curling Wand.


Georgia had really good skin and incredibly thick, full hair, so she was really great to work with! She said that she didn't wear a lot of makeup very often and never wears makeup on her eyes, so it was really fun to accentuate them today. 

Georgia's Makeup

started by removing any excess makeup with Bobbi Brown Makeup Remover before moisturising with Boots Traditional Cold Cream. I also applied Bobbi Brown Extra Repair Eye Cream under her eyes, too. I primed her skin with Revlon Photoready Primer before using the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush to apply Loreal True Match Foundation in Golden Beige, by really buffing it into her skin. I then applied Bobbi Brown Foundation Stick in Honey at the top of her forehead, around her eyebrows and cheekbones, at the bottom of her jawline, and the sides of her nose to contour, and again blended it with the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush. I applied Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick in Wild Rose to her cheeks, before setting her face makeup with bareMinerals Mineral Veil.
For Georgia's eyes, she already had eyelash extensions in so I didn't need to add any more. I created a white, grey and black smoky eye effect with my  88 Eyeshadow Palette before applying Benefit They're Real Push Up Liner to her lashline, and winged it out a little in the outer corners. I also used my Bobbi Brown Eyeliner Brush to apply black eyeshadow over her eyeliner to make her eyes really pop, before curling her lashes and applying Benefit Bad Gal Lash Mascara. I also used a Barry M Angled Eyeliner Brush to apply a dark brown eyeshadow to her eyebrows.
For her lips, I applied Bobbi Brown Lipstick in Nude Rose, before finishing off with Collection Clear Gloss. 
I then used Mac Fixing Spray to set her makeup.

Georgia's Hair

So, for Georgia's hair, as it was so thick I had to section it into four layers. I used a Mini Tresemme Paddle Brush to brush out her hair, and tied up the other layers with a hair band. I spritzed each layer with Tresemme Heat Defense Spray before curling with my Babyliss Curling Wand. When it was all curled, I set it with Loreal Elnett Hairspray to hold it all in place. 

So, this was the finished look guys! Hope you enjoyed it and are having a lovely weekend!

Sammii-Jane x


No comments:

Post a Comment