Tuesday 11 November 2014

Thai Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe

This is my favourite food ever. It's a Nigella Lawson recipe, (that I tweaked a little to my personal tastes), it's absolutely delicious, tastes really light but is soooo good and filling! I made it on Friday evening as it's my personal favourite comfort food, and to be honest I needed a bit of cheering up! Safe to say it's worked! :) unfortunately my picture doesn't do it justice as it was taken in pretty bad lighting with a mediocre camera, but I promise you, it's amazing!


So, the ingredients are as follows:
1l chicken stock
150g rice noodles (I use fresh Singapore noodles from the chilled section in Tesco)
200ml coconut milk
1 tsp ginger powder (the original recipe states fresh, but I prefer to have the flavour without the chunks)
1 tsp tamarind paste
1 tsp turmeric
2 tbsp fish sauce
2 tbsp lime juice (I use lemon juice)
I tsp brown sugar (optional, I tend not to use it)
250g stir fry vegetables (I use Tescos fresh veg pack of broccoli, mange tout, and baby corn)
150g shredded chicken
1 fresh red chilli, deseeded and cut into strips
A few coriander leaves as a garnish

The method
Prepare the litre of chicken stock in a large saucepan on the hob, on a medium temperature. When the chicken stock is ready, add the noodles and prepared vegetables. Then add the spices and the fish sauce, the lime juice and the coconut milk. Stir often, and leave it to simmer on the hob on a medium temperature for about five minutes to let the flavours infuse. Serve in a bowl when piping hot, I like to have prawn crackers on the side when I make this soup. A nice chilled glass of white wine is the perfect drink to have with this meal. 

If you like oriental food this dish is the best thing to try! It is honestly so delicious and so easy to make, I really recommend you try it and I promise you, you won't be disappointed! 

Sammii-Jane x

No comments:

Post a Comment