Tuesday 19 August 2014

Makeup for round eyes

Today I really wanted to create a different makeup look, rather than just opting for my usual look. I wanted to try something fun and interesting, and also that was flattering for round eyes, and for my skin tone. I chose a neutral brown shadow combo for my eyes, and then lined the top and bottom lashline using a smudging applicator to apply black gel eyeliner. I also wanted to add a little pop of colour by using quite a bright pink blush, and a maroon-coloured lipgloss.


Skin
So, I prepped my skin by cleansing and moisturising with Simple Face Wash, and Simple Moisturiser. I then applied Yes to Grapefruit Correcting Serum over my face. I let that set, and once dry applied MUA Bronzer (shade 3) to my temples and cheekbones. This is actually quite a highly pigmented bronzer which I am really enjoying using. I then dusted Collection Little Mix Blush (in the shade Perrie) over the apples of my cheeks, and used my bareMinerals Flawless Face Brush to apply both my bronzer and blush. I then dusted Rimmel's Stay Matte Powder over my T-zone to cover any oiliness. 
Eyes
For my eyes, I used Collection's Work the Colour Eyeshadow Trio (in the shade Choc Chip). I dusted the lighter brown shade across my eyelid, and the darker brown shade into my crease by using my Real Techniques Base Shadow Brush. I then applied the darker brown shade to my upper and lower lashline by using my Real Techniques Accent Brush. I then traced along my upper and lower lash line again by using Maybelline Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner. I curled my lashes before applying two coats Benefit Bad Gal Lash Mascara. For my brows, I applied the colour Sandstone from my Stila In the Light Eyeshadow Palette by using an Ecotools Angled Eye Brush
Lips
I prepped my lips using Burt's Bees Lip Wax, before applying Max Factor Max Effect Lip Gloss in the shade Rubylicious. 

Hair
For my hair, I blow dried it roughly after my shower last night, and left it until this morning. I then brushed it, primed it using Percy and Reed Hair Primer, and styled it into a messy bun, pulling a few strands from the front forward. I then spritzed it with Loreal Elnett Satin Hair Spray

I know this isn't really a super-exciting makeup look, but it is a really nice look for daywear as it just has a touch of colour to add a bit of interest. I really enjoyed framing my eyes in this way as I only ever apply eyeliner to my upper lashline, and it was just a really different look to what I would typically go for. I hope you've enjoyed this post!

Sammii-Jane x

No comments:

Post a Comment