Monday 18 August 2014

Charity Bake Sale 2014!

Now, where would the typical beauty blogger be without showing off her love of baking, or the assortment of homemade goodies for you to feast your eyes upon? Over the course of the last week, I have been very, very busy baking cakes. A lot of cakes! However, these cakes were not for personal consumption - they were made for a charity bake sale to raise money for the Royal British Legion. 


Chocolate Crispy Cakes
I started off by making two trays of chocolate crispy cakes. I used melted dark chocolate with a teaspoon of vegetable oil, with cornflakes, and they were divine. I love that crispy cakes are just such an easy recipe and so yummy. They're definitely something I can see myself making with my son Rhys when he's older! 

Strawberry and Cream Cupcakes
I then went on to making some vanilla cupcakes, that I placed in pretty leopard and zebra print cases, and topped with squirty cream and strawberries! I wanted them to be really simple, but still look really appealing. They turned out really nicely actually! 

Butter Flapjacks
My mum made a tray of flapjacks too. This was a super easy recipe as well, just oats, melted butter, and syrup, mixed together and baked on a low heat. This is another child friendly recipe, and they taste so good! I just love a still-warm from the oven, soft, buttery flapjack. I may just have to make more tomorrow, now that I'm thinking about them! 

Loaf Cakes
I finished off by making two loaf cakes. The top one was vanilla sponge, with cranberries and white chocolate, and the bottom one was a chocolate sponge filled with chocolate chips. 

It's such a shame I didn't manage to get any pictures of the cake sale, but we actually did three cake sales that week (making fresh cakes each time of course!), and managed to raise around £100 for our chosen charity. It was so nice to just have that week to just do something to benefit someone else. Although we didn't really raise that much, we did put an awful lot of work into it which I think counts for something! 

The Royal British Legion are a charity that help serving members of the Royal Navy, Army, and Air Force. They help ex-servicemen, their carers, and their families. They aim to help the 500,000 most in need, and half the people they help are below retirement age. I think it's so important to support our forces, and the people who risk their lives for us every day. 

Hope you're all having a great week, 

Sammii-Jane 






No comments:

Post a Comment